Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Adoption Day!

We are back in Guangzhou! The plane flight yesterday went great, with the exception of the last five minutes. Emma isn't a real big fan of seatbelts. ;-) Not counting that, she charged toward the plane ready to fly and grinned during the entire takeoff. She's just the bravest little girl I've ever met. Adoption day went the same way. She plopped herself on Daniel's lap in the waiting area and smiled all the way through the various office visits. She is using more and more signs all the time too. On our various trips she likes to watch out the window and sign flower, tree, and car everytime she sees one.

The only downer of the last couple days is that my digital camera is acting up. Some sand got in it from the beach the other day and it will only turn on occasionally. So, no photos for today. And I've managed to catch a huge cold. So, I'm taking a break for the day. Emma and I are hanging out at the motel watching Signing Time videos and drinking juice. She keeps checking my forehead to see if I have a fever. What a sweetie! So, maybe some pics tomorrow??? Hopefully I'll be feeling better then!

1 comment:

Ruth said...

Sorry you are not feeling well! Hope you feel better very soon. Emma sounds like a very sweet little girl!!