Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Got Pics!



Though it made an awful grinding sound, I was able to get the camera on long enough to take and download a couple of pictures from yesterday. I think the cold is getting a little better, which is good. I don't want to spend our time here held up in the motel room with a box of tissues and I'm sure Emma doesn't want to either.

If I can, I need to get a picture of her walking through the Victory lobby when she is on her way back from an outing. She greets everyone with a smile and can't wait to push the elevator buttons. She and Vernon practice counting in the elevator and she's very good at it. As the elevator goes up, she signs the number of each floor as we pass it.

When we first arrived you'd have thought she'd been staying in motels all of her life. She surveyed the room and explained what was good (thumbs up & big smile) and what was not to her liking (disgusted look on her face & waving it away with her hand). When she saw that there was a tv in the bedroom portion of the suite and another tv in the living room she jumped up into the air, pointed at both of them, and yelled for us to look. You could just see what she was thinking all over her face "Can you BELIEVE it?! There are TWO t.v.'s here!!" She's just so much fun and keeping us all very busy!

6 comments:

mom and girls said...

Emma Chu looks truly happy! I am thrilled for your family!

Janis Moss
mom to a zhanjiang girl

Christy said...

Patti,
I hope your cold is getting better. And sorry about your camera too. Thanks for posting what you could. The one of brother and sister together is just priceless. They and your entire family belong together, that's for sure. So beautiful.
Praising God with you for sweet Emma.
Christy
mom to Mia, Ava and Kai

Anonymous said...

I absoutely love the photo of Daniel and Emma. It's so sweet, you can see he loves her already. Keep the pictures coming!
Your Autumn list friend,
Stephanie

J. and C said...

Patti!
Emma is adorable and we are so happy for you!! We can't wait to see you in Guangzhou. We have been counting down the minutes till we get to go!
Hugs,
Cindy
Your Autumn List buddy!

Anonymous said...

Yeah a picture with Patti in it!!!! Emma is so happy too! Counting down the days 'til you come home!

Love ya!

~D

Sharon and Michael said...

Love her smile. :) Everyone looks so happy.