Last night Emma and I were reading/signing a story together when my son Matt asked me something from the other room. Because Emma couldn't hear Matthew, she looked at me funny and signed "You're talking" and I pointed beyond the door and signed "I'm talking to Matthew." She nodded, we finished story time, and I turned down the lights. Emma grabbed her blankent and sat on my lap, Cradled in my arms, she signed "I'm you're baby." and I nodded "Yes," and smiled.
I picked up my Rosary and began to pray, Emma in my arms. She tapped me and signed "You talk to Matt?" and I signed "No, I'm talking to Jesus." She spelled out Jesus and pointed to the cross on my Rosary. I nodded and went back to praying.
Emma is unable to talk right now, but she laid in my arms and began to move her lips, quietly murmuring. I looked down at her and smiled again. She signed "I'm talking to Jesus."
I'm sure she was. And I know that He heard her too.
Fighting Fear: At the Balloon Festival
10 years ago

1 comment:
How sweet!! I am sure He did hear her!!
Post a Comment