Lots of wonderful things happening for us in October. Brooke and Kyle are engaged and planning to get married next July in Jamaica. We are so excited and thankful that these two great kids are together and planning a future. It wasn't so long ago that they were in school together, playing saxophones in band and Kyle was circling our house on his bike. Now Brooke is an RN and Kyle is a computer programmer. They have more together at 23 than I did at 30. It is easy to be proud of them!
Blake is a Senior now, so he is busy looking at colleges and trying to get a game plan. He's only home a little bit these days, as he's juggling work, school, and spending time with his girlfriend. Again, very proud of this wonderful boy. He's looking at Nuclear Medicine and I'm so glad to see this. He's so thoughtful and kind, I know he will do well.
Daniel & Matthew are preparing to head off on a cruise to the Bahamas with their cousin next week. I'm missing them already. I know they will have fun and are in good hands with their aunt. I also know that this week will be a great memory maker for them. So, why is it that all I can think about is how much I will miss them!?!
Emma is making lots of memories too - school, pumpkin carving, sleep-overs, hay rides, and getting to know her extended family. All I have to do is sign DJ or Brooke and she is ready to get in the van and go see them! This week we will be spending 3 days in Omaha with the Cochlear Implant team from Boys Town National Research Hospital. If the testing shows it's okay to procede, it's very possible that Emma will have her cochlear implant activated just in time for Christmas.
I can't help but wonder how she will react - whether she'll like hearing or if the noise will bother her after so many years of silence! I guess all we can do is take it day by day. So many changes for Emma in such a short time. I have to hand it to her, she's always smiling and ready for the next adventure!

2 comments:
Patti,
Hi! Just checking out our Autumn Family blogs for updates! Love the pictures, they are terrific! Were they professional pics? Loved the update too.
Love ya,
Sheri (Leilah Di's Mommy)
They weren't professional pictures. Vernon likes photography, so we had the kids out at a park and were trying to get some nice pics of them. I need to check out everyone's blogs one of these days too - so little time!!! I'm sure you can relate!
Post a Comment