Saturday, March 19, 2011

Two Year's "Hearing" with Cochlear Implants Now

Here's a quick video from January.  I did it on the second anniversary of cochlear implant activation.  So, Emma is actually at 2 years of "hearing" with her cochlear implants at this point.  I am actually NOT signing any of the questions to her in this video.  So, she's answering my questions only from listening and lipreading.  She's getting very good at this.  She's actually asking me to NOT use sign language a lot of the time, saying "I can understand!  Just use your voice!"  You have to see the look in her eyes to really appreciate how thrilled she is with her progress - makes me want to cry.  

That said - I love sign language and know it's a part of our life forever.  Can't imagine NOT being a signing family at this point.  ;-)  

Like I said in the last post - she's actually talking even more now and in longer sentences too.  But, this is the most recent video I have.  Will shoot another one later...  

Okay - I'm REALLY going to work now!  ;-) 

As Always
Love & Blessings to You

No comments: